Re: Wheel Mouse

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, jeff wrote:

> Johan Ehnberg wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > Is there a good way to get my mouse wheel working (under X) on my woody?
> > Another thing I was wondering is why my mouse stops working under X when I
> > install gpm.
> >
> > /johan
> >
> > --
>
> use a proggie called 'imwheel' to get your mousewheel running under X. before
> you download it, two things:
>
> 1) do this in your home directory: 'touch .imwheelrc'
>
> 2) edit  (in your home directory) your .xinitrc file with your favorite
> text-mode editor (like vi, or pico) and add the line 'imwheel &'  - without the
> quotes of course
>
> restart X and all should be good

but all is not good!

does the above imply any changes to XF86Config??  like ZaxisMapping "4 5"
and does it imply xf86 v3 or v4??

thanks

dave

--
Dave Mallery, K5EN  (r/h 7.2 krud; debian woody+ximian)
PO Box 520

no gates                     .~.
  no windows...              /V\
                            /( )\
running GNU/Linux           ^^-^^  (Linux TM Linus Torvalds)
  free at last!