Re: Wheel Mouse

Johan Ehnberg wrote:

> Hi!
> Is there a good way to get my mouse wheel working (under X) on my woody?
> Another thing I was wondering is why my mouse stops working under X when I
> install gpm.
>
> /johan
>
> --

use a proggie called 'imwheel' to get your mousewheel running under X. before
you download it, two things:

1) do this in your home directory: 'touch .imwheelrc'

2) edit  (in your home directory) your .xinitrc file with your favorite
text-mode editor (like vi, or pico) and add the line 'imwheel &'  - without the
quotes of course

restart X and all should be good

----

about gpm...you can run gpm and X...use gpmconfig as root and play with the
settings...usually you don't have to change much!

good luck!

-jeff