Re: fun with printers

Paul Mackinney writes:
 > Andrew Agno declaimed:
 > > If it's raw postscript, you'll just see text.  Is that what you get?
 > It looks like gibberish:
 >
 > *~U@

This looks like you've got the wrong driver for your printer then.

 > I'm really trying to do the minimal setup, I have one computer and one
 > printer. I configure the printer, specifying EPSON, Parallel Port #1,
 > and the foomatic stp-4.0 driver. My goal is basically to be able to

To figure out what driver you should be using, check the printer
manual to see what printing language it supports.  This can often
point you in the right direction.

Also check out:
http://www.cups.org/cups-help.html
http://www.cups.org/newsgroups.php

You can also get the commercial stuff from Easy Software Products:
http://www.easysw.com/printpro/

Andrew.