Re: fun with printers

Andrew Agno declaimed:
> On my machine running the testing distribution, it would be something
> like this:
>
> 1. Install cupsys and its dependencies.
> 2. Point your browser to: http://localhost:631/admin
> 3. Click 'Add Printer' under the Printers section
> 4. Enter a name, location and description and continue
> 5. Enter your device (probably || port) and continue
> 6. Select Epson and continue
> 7. Select EPSON Stylus Color Series (I assume not the New Stylus Color
>    Series, but something to try if this doesn't work) and continue
> 8. Select the printer (Go to the Printers page:
>    http://localhots:631/printers)
> 9. And print a test page.
>
> Andrew.
I have an Epson Stylus Color IIs. I have done exactly as you describe,
and it prints beautiful test pages.

I can print text from emacs, but when I print from Abiword or Mozilla,
it spews page after page of what I assume is raw postscript code. I
haven't found anything in the CUPS docs that covers this. Where to I
start troubleshooting?

TIA, Paul
--
Paul Mackinney