Re: Alsa and debian

Hi all!
Thanks for the suggestions.
Yes, I am a member of the audio group, and anyway, I had of course tried it as
root.
the odd thing is that i can get it to work with the kernel compiled-in sblive
support, but when I dump that and compile in alsa, I allways get "can't open
/dev/audio: no such device." Yet I've run snddevices program and even watched
the output to make sure it was creating the devices. And /dev/audio is there,
with the link to /dev/audio0 However, I did just notice that while /dev/audio
has permissions of 777, /dev/audio0 only has permissions of 660. Could that be
the problem?