Re: apt pin-priority and /etc/apt/preferences file

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 03:13:49PM -0800, justin cunningham wrote:

> Will these two statements suffice or do I need to also list the packages
> installed and give them a Pin-Priority: 100 or; pursuant that I want an
> all woody box should I change the Pin-Priority of stable to 95?  That
> way my woody packaging scheme will remain as-is and apt will get the
> desired packages from stable, only if it can't find them in testing.

Do something like this

Package: foo
Pin: release a=potato
Pin-Priority: 950

Set a priotrity greater than 1000 if you want do downgrade those
packages from woody to potato (for the case that you have already
installed them from woody).

For the rest, I think you can trust apt_preferences. I do have a mixture
of woody/sid on all the boxes here my self and I never had a problem
like the one you're afraid of.

> Package: *
> Pin: release a=testing
> Pin-Priority: 900