Re: Setting up virtual users on Courier IMAP?

On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 13:02, Angus D Madden wrote:
> courier-imap is an IMAP server with maildir support, so it's best used
> with qmail.  You can use maildirs with postfix, but I have no experience
> with that.

I'm using courier with postfix now ... I use Procmail to write to the
Maildirs.  Works great!  The only problem is trying to use virtual users
instead of real ones. Since I also want mail filtering, maildrop seems
to be the right answer.  The problem is that I can't get maildrop to use
the same userdb format that courier-imap uses because I can't figure out
how to compile maildrop with gdbm support (it compiles fine with
Berkeley DB support).  My next step is to recompile the IMAP server with
Berkeley DB support -- but this seems more complicated than getting
maildrop to work with gdbm (apt-get install libgdbmg1-dev didn't solve
the problem -- configure is either looking in the wrong places or
doesn't like what's included with that package).

Thanks!

Jen