Re: fun with printers

Paul Mackinney, Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 11:02:22AM -0800:
> I have an Epson Stylus Color IIs. I have done exactly as you describe,
> and it prints beautiful test pages.
>
> I can print text from emacs, but when I print from Abiword or Mozilla,
> it spews page after page of what I assume is raw postscript code. I
> haven't found anything in the CUPS docs that covers this. Where to I
> start troubleshooting?

You might want to install cupsys-driver-gimpprint, dpkg-reconfigure
cupsys, and modify your printer.  I find that the gimpprint drivers work
great, especially for my Epson Stylus 740.

Brought to you by Debian 3.0
Linux took 2.4.16 #1 SMP Sat Jan 5 12:52:24 EST 2002 i686 unknown