Re: OT: Is .RTF an Open Standard?

At 10:48 Uhr -0600 26.03.2002, Dave Sherohman wrote:
OTOH, RTF is substantially better than doc simply be virtue of not
being able to host viruses/worms/trojans.

Are you sure? I vaguely remember recent 'words' even put active contents into rtf.

I've once used a rtf to latex converter (written on C, running on both unix and mac, about 4-5 years ago), and it didn't work well at all especially with german umlauts, some portions of the document were converted right, others weren't, and the author of the program wrote me that he's really hating rtf because it's so messy/inconsistent.

So I figure you could as well just use the binary .doc format (maybe mime-encode it if you want text :)).

Christian.