Re[2]: SMC 1211TX

Monday, March 25, 2002, 8:19:49 PM, Paul 'Baloo' Johnson wrote:

> With cards with the RealTek chipsets (as this one is looking at the
> driver it spits at me when I try downloading the linux driver for that
> card...rtl8139), try rtl8139, then 8139too, and if neither of those
> work, try tulip.

Thanks.. Actually, I managed to get it going last night. I had to enable
the option, Use PIO instead of MMIO. I'm still not clear on what it
does, but the Help says something about, "If you're experiencing
problems try enabling this" so I did and it worked.

FWIW, Kernel 2.4 doesn't seem to have plain old rtl8139 .. only 8139too.

--
  - Alan Poulton (apoulton@telus.net) -
A sadist is someone who's kind to a masochist