Exim - remove many messages

This is really a two part message. The first part is about removing many
messages from Exim. How does one do that easily, if one has to have
the precise id for each?

Secondly, I'd like to make something like the line below work in bash.
Exim complains in this case of not finding a message with id "-".

cat /tmp/e | exim -Mrm -

I solved my problem cludgily by making an output file of exim -bp and
then vimming it so that it contained a set of "exim -Mrf <id> lines. I
then sourced the file.

There must be a more elegant solution without using perl or python.

Thanks
Rory
--
Rory Campbell-Lange