Re: L 80 80 80 80, etc. on boot

hi ya

simple tests to do next ???

- get a boot media, floppy or bootable cdrom etc

- dd if=/boot/vmlinuz of=/dev/fd0
  rdev /dev/fd0 /dev/hdaxxxx where your /  is

- than fix lilo
	- make sure oyu have lba32
	- turn off linear
	- rerun lilo

- make sure /  is < 1024 cylinders ( 512Mb )  or
  that your kernel ( vmlinuz) is in its own /boot partition
  that is < 512Mb

- check the ide cables.. make sure oyuhave 80conductor cables
  if you are using ata66/100 drivers
	- putonly one disk per ide cable
	- dont mix ata33 (cdrom) with ata100 disks

c ya
alvin