Re: debian on IBM Thinkpad iseries (P3-500)

nate wrote:
<quote who="Ross Burton">

I have a IBM Thinkpad X22, and Potato will not boot due to a kernel bug.
Try Woody boot floppies?

i just tried the woody netinst CD, and it gave the same thing, "Boot Failed"

the boot loader doesn't even load, let alone the kernel. really weird.

I guess i just won't use this laptop. I will try a toshiba 6400 see
if its any better. the video chip in this laptop isn't that hot
anyways.

thanks!

nate

I've got access to a Gateway laptop that won't boot off the normal routes, but it will boot off a floppy made with the idepci kernel (http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/). So you might try a different kernel flavor.

Kent