Re: Problem in installing xlibs.

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 03:21:20PM +0800, frankie wrote:
> I have problem with installing xlibs in my system, it seem that xlibs
> has conflicts with xlib6g. How can i remove xlib6g, so that i can
> install the xlibs? Can i have both xlibs & xlib6g in my system?
>
> /temp# dpkg -i xlibs_4.1.0-14_i386.deb
> dpkg: considering removing xlib6g in favour of xlibs ...

Ah, I see the problem (nothing to do with cxterm as I wrongly said a
moment ago). Upgrade xlib6g too.

By the way, don't use dpkg manually to perform complex upgrades like the
shift from potato to woody. Use dselect, apt-get, or aptitude instead.
If you're just trying to install a new xlibs and nothing else on a pure
potato system, don't do that. Use the packages at
http://people.debian.org/~cpbotha/ instead.