Re: encoding cds with abcde takes 3 hours per song..

On Sun, 2002-03-24 at 16:12, Rachel Andrew wrote:
> My xterm looks the same - cdparanoia keeps bobbing up to the top of top every
> minute or so and then disappearing again, the current track has been
> recording now for over 4 hours...

cdparanoia should display a progress meter:
(== PROGRESS == [            +           | 257692 00 ] == :^D * ==)

"man cdparanoia" details the meanings.  What does yours show?

Does your CD-ROM drive work normally otherwise?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| "(Women are) like compilers.  They take simple statements  |
|  and make them into big productions."                      |
|     Pitr Dubovitch                                         |