Re: Apache to Apache-SSL

At 1017022192s since epoch (03/24/02 21:09:52 -0500 UTC), Sean wrote:
> I wonder how many resources running two apaches sucks ... I tried to get
> the ssl mod working with the regular apache, but to no avail. I've been
> considering running the apache-ssl in parallel, just seems like an awful
> waste of reasources.
>
> Opinions?

I had a webmail setup running, and I too ran apache-ssl in parallel,
which did suck a lot of resources.  However, the server wasn't busy,
so I didn't care.

This week I had time to catch up on some stuff, so I got mod_ssl
working under apache and was able to drop apache-ssl altogether.  I'm
no apache expert, but it would seem to me that if you can get all that
you need with one binary instead of two, you should go for that instead.

What problems were people having getting mod_ssl folded in?  My only
trouble was with virtual hosts (as ssl doesn't support name-based
virtual hosts), but after that, all was well.

I'm happy to share my httpd.conf if anyone is curious.

Jason

--
Jason Healy    |    jhealy@logn.net    |   http://www.logn.net/