Re: How to reconfigure fetchmail?

At 06:09 PM 3/24/02, stan wrote:
On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 01:20:09PM -0600, ktb wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 02:11:14PM -0500, stan wrote:
> > I need to reconfigure fetchmail on one of my woody machines.
> >
> > I tried using dselct to delte & reinstall it. That did not prompt me for
> > configuration data, so I tried dpkg-rconfigure fetchmail. This just
> > returned a prompt.
> >
> > How can I do this?
> >

> I just edit .fetchmailrc in my home directory.
>
> You could also run -
> $ apt-cache search fetchmail
>
> and you would find -
> fetchmailconf - fetchmail configurator
>
> # apt-get install fetchmailconf

Mmm, i musr not have made my desire clear.

I don't want to configure fetchmail as such. I simply want the dialog that
I got when I firts installed the fetchmail package rerun. It allowed for
the choice between a "system wide" config file, and I want to change that.

Thanks.

Try dpkg-reconfigure again. There are some different options to it.
dpkg-reconfigure -h will show you the options that you can try.