Re: 3c5x9setup adapter failure on isa etherlink 3

<-- snip -->
| My guess: Broken NIC. I had one such card that worked, but after I had
| taken it out and putting back a few times, the light would never go on
| again (I guess a was to brute with it). On a working nic the light
| should go on immediately at power on, before any OS is even loaded, so
| what ever IRQ you try for it will not cure that.
|
| On the other hand, it might be some problem with the EEPROM, which
| could be cured. In my case, I did a successfull rewrite of the EEPROM,
| and after that there where no error messages whatsoever, but still no
| light and of course no connection.
|

| --
| Note that I use Debian version 3.0
| Linux emac140 2.4.17 #1 s?n feb 10 20:21:22 CET 2002 i686 unknown
|
| Hans Ekbrand

that's what i'm afraid of... especially when the utility mentioned
failure! on the other hand, with my old 3com, the card was set to irq7,
i loaded the module on irq5 with my cyrstal sound on-board thingy, which
was also on irq5, the link light was always on!!! i'm off to run 3com's
util....

thanks,
jason

| http://theigloo.dhs.org:81  | http://counter.li.org/        |
| Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 Woody  | 2.4.16-k6                     |
| jason@theigloo.dhs.org      | registered linux user #202942 |