Re: gphoto2 with USB digital camera problem

Craig Dickson, 2002-Jan-11 21:05 -0800:
> Update, for the benefit of anyone else who's interested in this stuff:
>
> I now have a SanDisk SDDR-31 CF card reader plugged into my Linux box's
> USB port. I recompiled my 2.4.17 kernel with the following additional
> with the new kernel, the card reader was recognized automatically. Then,
> as root, I created a mount point for it, /mnt/cf, and put the following
> entry into /etc/fstab:
>
> /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 /mnt/cf auto user,noauto,noexec 0 0
>
> (The huge device name is due to my addiction to devfs.)
>
> Now, whenever I want to mess with a card, I put it in the reader and
> type
>
>   mount /mnt/cf
>
> and there it is.
>
> Craig

I'm having some trouble doing this, with the SanDisk SDDR-55, but
it should act the same (I hope).  I compiled the SCSI stuff as
modules, and I get the feeling you compiled them into your
kernel.  I can't figure out or find out how to get my system to
recognize my reader.

When I plug the camera (Toshiba PDR-M71) into the USB port, it
loads up as USB Mass Storage and I 'mount /dev/sda1 /mnt' and I
can access my pictures.  The usb-storage and sd_mod modules are
loaded for this to work.

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks,
jc