Re: Installing Debian or Linux

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 22:41:51 +1100, John Lynch wrote:

>>It has a very easy install with good hardware autodetection
>>and has
>>probably the best manuals I have ever seen with a Linux
distribution.

>Can you download SuSe for free over the internet?

Yes.

>And also, can u install it in a dual boot system with the
>linux partition
>having 1 gig?

Yes, even down to about 120MB.

SuSE -is- easy for newbies (believe me), and its reasonably
reliable and secure too.  Like all RPM (or rather non APT)
distros its a nightmare to update and keep updated but you
don't care about this when you are completely new and can't get
anything running.

Cheers,
Craig

Craig Sampson

Professional Systems Integration Pty Ltd

Email: craig@psi-aus.com
Phone: (08) 9444 5587
Fax  : (08) 9444 5175