Re: moving from ext2 to reiserfs

On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 13:27, Ronneil Camara wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've got 2.2.20 kernel installed and running. I'm planning to
> convert my ext2 to reiserfs. What would be the best approach to
> this?

The easiest way would be to convert it to ext3 instead.

Use kernel 2.4.17
use tune2fs -j /deb/hdX to convert to ext3
Much easier and IMHO (Ive used both reiserfs and ext3 extensively)
better. If anything goes wrong you can always mount it ext2.
To convert to reiserfs would require a new HDD to partition/build the
filesystems on, copy across the files and then replace your existing HDD
with. Ext2 can be converted to ext3 on the fly.

Kind Regards
Crispin Wellington