problems with text based MUAs

Hi!,

I am using mutt as MUA. In a potato machine mutt runs fine. I copied the
muttrc file to another machine, which runs woody, but this time I have problems.
For example, the look of the mutt window has nothing to do with the
definitions in muttrc. Text appears chopped and text from several messages
appear mixed when I try to read a message. The problem with the chopped text
appears in pine too. May be the problem is with the text mode of the machine,
and not with the configurations of mutt or pine itself.
Any help will be very appreciatted.

Regards,

Marcelo
--