Re: PS/2 mouse lagging

Patrick Lane wrote:

> blacktop:/home/mandingo# for i in a b; do hdparm -d 1 /dev/hd$i; done
>
> /dev/hda:
>  setting using_dma to 1 (on)
>  HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Operation not permitted
>  using_dma    =  0 (off)
>
> /dev/hdb:
>  setting using_dma to 1 (on)
>  HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Operation not permitted
>  using_dma    =  0 (off)
> blacktop:/home/mandingo#
>
> It won't let me. Do I have to enable something in the kernel?

What ATA speed does your mobo support ? What ATA speed is your HDD ? If your
mobo runs at a lower speed than your disk you may need to go to your disk
manufacturers website and grab a utility that you can use to force your disk
to run at the lower speed. I know in theory all these ATA standards are
supposed to be backwards compatible, but my own experiences tell me otherwise.

Simon Hepburn.