Re: First post

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, John Bruner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get debian running on my IIfx. It won't come all the way
> up. I get to a screen where it looks like it wants me to select a
> country, but the machine freezes.

I'm sorry, I don't know exactly what might be causing the freezes, but
you might be better served (at least at this stage) by subscribing to
the debian-m68k and linux-mac68k listservs. Especially with wacky, wacky
hardware like a Mac IIfx.

Among other things, exactly what kernel you're running and the settings
in your Penguin boot loader could make a big difference.

debian-68k is another Debian list. Info about the 68K Mac ports can be
found at http://mac.linux-m68k.org/, and the mailing list addresses are
there, too. The latter list has several Mac kernel hackers, and they'll
have a better shot at diagnosing the problem.

- Aaron (who once had an SE/30 running slink)

--
Aaron Hall             :  C'mon, Netscape! I can whistle the page in
ahall@vitaphone.net    :  Morse faster than you're fetching it!

Macintosh/UNIX Geek, Network Flack, and...eh, whatever.