Re: tiny mouse howto - console gpm, X and mouse wheel

timothy bauscher writes:
 > I just installed gpm after reading your setup.
 > My PS/2 mouse instantly left the screen, and
 > X would make a beep sound whenever i moved
 > the mouse. My settings were:
 >
 > device: /dev/psaux
 > type: autops2
 > repeat type: m83
 >
 > Those were the defaults provided by gpm, so i
 > just took them. I think that the repeat type and
 > type may be wrong though. If anyone here is using
 > gpm with a PS/2, please send me your settings.

I have, in /etc/gpm.conf:

device=/dev/psaux
responsiveness=
repeat_type=raw
type=autops2
append=""
sample_rate=

In my X config, I have:
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
        Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"

Which works with my non wheeled logitech mouse.

Andrew.