tiny mouse howto - console gpm, X and mouse wheel

Hi there,

I have just seen that some people have problems with the combination of
gpm, XFree86 and the mouse wheel support for X11.

It has taken a while until I found out what to do.

I have a cordless Logitech wheel mouse and now all works.

gpm settings in /etc/gpm.conf:
device=/dev/psaux
responsiveness=
repeat_type=raw
type=imps2
append=""

Mouse section in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Buttons"   "3"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/gpmdata"
        Option      "SampleRate" "60"
        Option      "BaudRate" "1200"
EndSection

The wheel did not work properly without the SampleRate and BaudRate
settings.

I hope that helps someone.

Bye, Steffen