Re: Which window-manager for a kiosk?

You can launch your startup app from /etc/inittab.  I used to work for
a company that installed kiosks, and this is how we did it.  We ran
our own app, not a browser, and our X needs were very minimal.  No
window manager, no windows except our one, no keyboard, no mouse
(touchscreen only), etc.  Just run X or startx or whatever right out
of inittab, giving the app as the startup argument.

The default runlevel put us in kiosk mode.  If we wanted a more normal
box, for maintenance or development, we'd switch runlevels.  It worked
very well.

Best of luck,

--Pete