Re: Which window-manager for a kiosk?

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Kent West wrote:

> Which window manager will give me the ability to size/move/close/etc
> windows, but without the ability to start other programs, etc. I want a
> kiosk style setup, on a low-memory machine. ICEWM has that menu at the
> bottom with the "Start" menu, so it's unsuitable. I tried twm, but I
> have to manually place the default app (Galeon) when it starts or when a
> new window is opened by the web site being visited, and I would prefer
> the window to just take the entire screen or at least not require manual
> placement.

I use flwm on my Debian PowerPC Woody distro. Runs nice. You have to click
on the desktop to bring up a menu for running programs. Of course, the
title bar in on the left, not on top. Takes some getting used to, but I
really like it.

--
Paul F. Pearson (ppearson@hiwaay.net)     http://home.hiwaay.net/~ppearson/
"Lord heal our land. Father heal our land. Hear our cry and turn our nation