docs material

Hi all,

 I'm looking for some readable documentation about
ethernet frame. I've looked at google, but there
is too much of links, and as I'm beginner ... cant choose

I need it to my work to school. We have to catch some
packets using tcpdump -w file.dat and analyze this file.

I have to choose some protocol (http, ftp, pop ..... please
let me know what is the easiest and still useful, please include
links to documentation) and from that file of saved packets do two statistics

a\ tcp statistics ... num. of packets, num. of collisions, window size etc ...(tcp traffic only for the session used in part b\ ) b\ session statistic .... eg. for ftp: username, password, used commands, sended file name ... etc...

		thanks in advance, Mirek