New kernel

I'm upgrading a stock Progeny install on a PentiumII.

I just ran apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.16-686
Duriing the install I was told to include a reference to initrd in
lilo.conf.
Since I'm running GRUB, this is what I added to menu.lst:

title Debian GNU/Linux (kernel 2.4.16)
root (hd0,1)
kernel /boot/vmlinux-2.4.26-686 root=/dev/hda2 ro
initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.4.16-686

I just copied the entries that existed and substituted th names of the
files that I found in /boot after apt-get was finished.
Is this right?
At the end of the install there was a reference to "initrd.img not symlink..not clobbered"
What does that mean?

--
Michael Montagne
montagne@boora.com