Re: Best Email Web Application

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 10:58:55AM -0800, Dave Scott wrote:
> Ok, I tried to install SquirrelMail but didn't have too much luck.
>
> All I got were failed dependencies left and right.  I had to manually
> download a bunch of them.
>
> I am stuck now with SquirrelMail telling me that I don't have Perl
> installed, even though I do.  I'm guessing I need the newer version of
> Perl though since I am using the .deb version of SquirrelMail.
>
> I try to install Perl 5.6.1-7 but get all kinds of conflicts with Perl
> 5.005
>
> Plus it tells me I need the Libc6, the newer one and that gives me a
> full page of conflicts.

I assume you have a potato installation because of all the dependency
problems you are running into.

> Anyone know what I should do to get out of this mess.
>
> Is it normal to have to update half of your packages to Testing packages
> to get SquirrelMail installed?
Starting from potato, yes. If you really want to install squirrelmail
from testing consider upgrading. I find testing/woody very stable.

Looking at squirrelmail dependencies, I don't see a lot of testing
version numbers listed. You could try installing squirrelmail source
and compiling it yourself.
--
Jerome