Changing from a PS/2 mouse to a USB mouse?

I'm finally installing my wife's new woody workstation this weekend.

Much to my chagrin, I find out that the cable from the IR mouse reciever is
not long enough to reach from the computer (on the left of the desk) to
where the mouse needs to be (on the right). Fortunately the LCD display has
built in USB ports, and the mouse can do USB.

So, what's involved in changing from PS/2 to USB on the mouse only (I don't
have a USB keyboard).

Sytem confg:

Woody
Logitech wheel mouse.