Re: Debian newbie wants to know if this is a good place to ask questions?

On Fri, 2002-03-15 at 23:33, Gary Turner wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Mar 2002 05:08:02 -0500, Hugh wrote:
>
> >I just switched from Red Hat and I wonder if this list is the right one
> >to ask simple questions in?
> >If not sorry for wasting your time
>
> Absolutely!  This is the place.  One caveat, though; be sure to do your
> homework before asking, be specific in your question, and include the
> relevant info that the gurus need in order to help.  If you haven't
> RTFM'd, someone is likely to jump down your throat and rip your lungs
> out ;-}

Come on...  We're not that bad!  A little curt, maybe, but not
violent...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| "(Women are) like compilers.  They take simple statements  |
|  and make them into big productions."                      |
|     Pitr Dubovitch                                         |