Re: inappropriate racist and other offensive material

>>"Scott" == Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> writes:
 Scott> Perhaps you should try and work this out into policy if you
 Scott> feel so strongly about it instead of feeding a war on -devel?

	Nope. Debian policy is really technical policy. Non technical
 issues can't be foisted onto the project by the policy group (no such
 power in the constitution).

	This is a non technical issue, dealing with ethics, and all
 kinds of big isms.

	Now, the rating system may have a technical component. There,
 one needs to spec out how the system would work, how ratings are
 done, who acts as the editor, how biases and other inbalances shall
 be corrected, and so on.

	I fail to see how that would be policy related, though.

 Scott> If your not allready noticing a concensus one way or another,
 Scott> there are more formal ways of proving this is the way or not.
 Scott> I urge you to make a decision on this instead of wallowing
 Scott> around in -devel.  Enlist a willing developer or two into your
 Scott> cause and find out if this is feasible.

	I suspect one needs to send a feeler for a GR.

	manoj
--
 A study of the science of technology defines what is possible; a
 study of the economics of technology establishes which of the