Re: web-based email for debian?

I've been using SquirrelMail for the past couple days and like it quite
a bit.

OT:  I've had one annoying problem, though.  I believe it's an
Apache-SSL/PHP issue, however.  I have several different addresses for
my webserver -- The public domains point to the IP of my firewall, and
the firewall forwards port 80 and 443 to the webserver.  There're also
several names for the webserver on the LAN.  When connecting to my fake
LAN domain (www.fakedomain.tld) within the network, I'm redirected to
the webserver's hostname (webserver.fakedomain.tld).  This isn't a
problem when I'm inside the LAN, but causes major problems when someone
is connecting remotely.  When they connect to my public IP, the request
is forwarded to the webserver properly, however, the webserver redirects
them to it's LAN hostname (webserver.fakedomain.tld), which doesn't
resolve for anyone outside of my LAN.  I've checked all the apache-ssl
configs, and everything looks OK (ServerName isn't set).  It appears as
though something is 'recommending' that clients are redirected to
webserver.fakedomain.tld, though, unless a redirect is actually present,
they go where they're supposed to.  The first time I send a request to
the webserver, the PHP variable, $HTTP_HOST, is changed to
webserver.fakedomain.tld regardless of the actual request.  When a
client re-requests the real address, it returns it without issue (and
$HTTP_HOST is the requested servername).  I don't appear to have any of
these problems when using the regular, non-ssl apache.  Does any of this
make sense?  Any ideas? :)