Re: How to Increase the number of logs rotated

--- Costa, Todd (DMH) <Todd.Costa@dmh.state.ma.us> (2002-03-14 21:40):
> I am using Debian 2.2 with Squid 2.2.5 loaded. I want to increase the
> number of log files being rotated (compressed) from 3 to 8. Can anyone
> help or point me in the right direction?

Have a look at /etc/cron.daily/squid.  This is the file that controls
the rotation of the squid log files.  The settings you want to change
are LOG_HISTORY=1 to LOG_HISTORY=7, and down at the bottom, change the
line:

savelog -c 3 squid.out > /dev/null 2>&1

savelog -c 8 squid.out > /dev/null 2>&1

Cheers,
Sean

--
Sean Quinlan (smq@gmx.co.uk)

I'm using Debian GNU/Linux Woody 3.0
Linux plato 2.4.16 #1 Sat Dec 8 22:01:29 GMT 2001 i686 unknown