Re: How to Increase the number of logs rotated

On 14-Mar-2002 Costa, Todd (DMH) wrote:
> Hello Debian-Users,
>
>       I am using Debian 2.2 with Squid 2.2.5 loaded. I want to increase
> the number of log files being rotated (compressed) from 3 to 8. Can anyone
> help or point me in the right direction?

$ man -k rotate
dh_installlogrotate (1) - install logrotate config files
logrotate (8)        - rotates, compresses, and mails system logs
pnmrotate (1)        - rotate a portable anymap by some angle
XRotateBuffers (3x)  - manipulate cut and paste buffers
XRotateWindowProperties (3x) - obtain and change window properties

hmm, logrotate sounds promising.  Read its man page, at the end
/etc/logrotate.conf.  Between that and /etc/logrotate.d you should have no
problems.