Re: Mutt Issue

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 10:34:30AM -0500, Bannerman, Israel wrote:

> The last email you sent me on this issue mentioned that I should use
> fetchmail -d [n].  I was wondering if I should add that to the .muttrc file
> or where I should add it and the exact line I should add.

It depends on how you want to fetch the mail.  If you want your mail to
be streaming in as soon as it arrives (after the delay indicated by the
[n] parameter), then you might as well put the command in initrc.  If
you want complete control over the arrival of the mail, you might want
to invoke "fetchmail -F" which gets all the mail waiting for you
whenever (and only when) you activate fetchmail.  (By the way, the
-F option simply flushes each mail message from your remote mail server
after it has delivered it to you.)

Fetchmail is very easy to configure and use, especially if you don't
want it to do anything fancy.  If you want to get it going with a
minimum investment of time and effort, I recommend perusing the manpage
for the list of options.  The manpage has a bunch of examples for
.fetchmailrc near the end of the document, and they should suffice for
most uses.  Of course, you may get more out of reading the whole document.

Good luck.

sam