Re: File permissions on nfs mounted directory (Woody)

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 05:20:29PM +0100, Alexis Kotte wrote:
> movemail: Permission denied for /var/mail/kotte

What does `ls -l /var/mail/kotte` show as the file's owner?  File
permissions across NFS only work if your UID is the same on both
machines or you run an additional daemon (whose name escapes me) to
handle mapping the client's UID to the server's.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss