Re: A couple of general Debian questions

Paul F. Pearson, Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 06:54:49PM -0600:
> 2) I want to install Woody on my PC at home (I currently have Potato at
> home, Woody for PPC at work). My home computer's access to the net is at
> approx. 30Kb/sec - not a good option for doing an internet install. I
> don't see any iso's of Woody (b/c it's not released yet) out for me to
> download and burn to take home. What are my options?

I would install the base system from potato, and not install any other
packages from potato when prompted to by dselect or task-select.  After
rebooting the system, point your sources.list at woody and apt-get
dist-upgrade.  sleep.

As an alternative, there are woody CD's available for purchase, but I
have never tried them.

Brought to you by Debian 3.0
Linux took 2.4.16 #1 SMP Sat Jan 5 12:52:24 EST 2002 i686 unknown