Re: Help with PPP Script

On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 09:56, faisal gillani wrote:
> I am a Windows Administrator trying to switch to Linux
> Before i replaced my IIS web server with Apache &
> liked it very much .
> Now i want to replace my Windows Firewall/Proxy Server
> with linux ones .
> On the first step I got a Linux compatible Modem but
> am really stuck on this ppp script thing
> can someone help me oput here & share a script with me
> ?
> i will dail to my isp & send the password in clear
> text without any encription , this is the basic thing
> i need
> also tell me command i will use to dail i wont be
> using any Xwindows & will be dialing from command
> promt mode .
> Any help is greattly appreciated

pppconfig

that configures your connection

pon [providername]

Initiates it

poff [providername]

Stops it.

Look at /etc/ppp/ for more files/options and more importantly
/etc/ppp/no_ppp_on_boot (which you will change to /etc/ppp/ppp_on_boot)
for your gateway.

apt-get install ipmasq

Will get your ip masqerading working. And you can change the default
dynamic firewall setup with the scripts in /etc/ipmasq. man ipmasq for
more info

Kind Regards
Crispin