Help with PPP Script

I am a Windows Administrator trying to switch to Linux
Before i replaced my IIS web server with Apache &
liked it very much .
Now i want to replace my Windows Firewall/Proxy Server
with linux ones .
On the first step I got a Linux compatible Modem but
am really stuck on this ppp script thing
can someone help me oput here & share a script with me
?
i will dail to my isp & send the password in clear
text without any encription , this is the basic thing
i need
also tell me command i will use to dail i wont be
using any Xwindows & will be dialing from command
promt mode .
Any help is greattly appreciated

thanks
Faisal