From: Ron Johnson [mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 12:24 PM
To: Debian-User
Subject: RE: Reconfigure IP address

On Wed, 2002-03-13 at 06:04, Nicholas Imfeld wrote:
> I don't seem to have dhcp folder let alone dhclient.leases.
Additional
> info - my ISP IP address has not changed however I have a router
between
> the computer and the ISP.  When I look into the router's DHCP Client
> tables it does not show up. I've taken this computer(laptop) with me
> work a few times but it doesn't recognize the DHCP server that we have
> there.

Hmmm.  What dhcp client are you using?  I use dhcp-client 2.0pl5-7.
Note that I've heard bad things about debian's pump, and never got
it working.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| "(Women are) like compilers.  They take simple statements  |
|  and make them into big productions."                      |
|     Pitr Dubovitch                                         |