Re: power off problem

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 16:15:06 -0500, christophe barbe wrote:
>> Since I moved from 2.2.19pre17 to 2.4.17 Kernel a while ago, my machine
>> reboots instead of powering off when I booted windows before. I tried the
>> 'use real mode APM BIOS call to power off' kernel option, but that didn't
>> help.
>
> You can try with ACPI instead of apm.

Ok, that worked!

But on another machine I have a similar problem: I compiled 2.4.17 kernel and
now it hangs instead of powering off.

It has an Asus SP98AGP-X mainboard and since it only has a 200 MHz processor
I compiled the kernel-package on my Athlon 1000 machine, copied it to the 200
MHz machine and installed it with 'dpkg -i'. Also I upgraded that machine to
woody some weeks ago. Has that anything to do with it?

I already tried APM, then APM with 'use real mode APM BIOS call to power off'
option and finally I tried ACPI instead of APM - didn't make any change.

Does anybody have an idea?

Christian Schoenebeck