Xfree 4.1 on potato

I'm trying to install Xfree 4.10-14 onto an otherwise
(reasonably) stock potato machine but am having a problem with a
dependancy.

It appears that this build, found in testing, requires debconf >=
0.5, but, strangely, this version seems not to exist in testing
but rather its in unstable (??!!)

I'm not at all inclined to use anything from unstable on boxes
that are not for development (this one isnt).

Would this be a bug I should report?  I would have thought that
each sub-dist (stable, testing and unstable) would feature all
installable components from within its own branch.

Cheers,
Craig