Re: re all caps always on

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 12:27:08PM -0800, justin cunningham wrote:
> Hello, how do I reconfigure my console keyboard to get rid of the all
> caps?

When you logged in, did you enter your username in all caps?  If so,
the kernel assumed that you're using a terminal which isn't capable
of displaying lowercase characters and is trying to accomodate the
terminal's limitations.  To fix this, log out and log back in without
typing the username in all caps.  (Yes, this means you're pretty well
hosed if your username is JUSTIN.  Change it to justin instead.)

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss