Re: CVS and SSH

Sven Gaerner wrote:
> I've got a (hopefully) little proble.m. I want to grant some people
> CVS access to my machine. They should connect by using SSH but I don't
> want to give them a shell. They should be able to use CVS with SSH but
> without logging in to my machine.
>
> Does anyone have an idea how to get this working?
>
> Please CC any answers to me because I'm not subscribed.

Are these people going to be able to commit to the repository or not?

If not, it's easy: http://kitenet.net/programs/sshcvs

If they need to be able to commit too, it becomes much harder, since cvs
is not designed to prevent committers from getting shell access, in
general. You need to make sure they cannot commit to certian files in
CVSROOT which shell code can be put into (I've seen this used to get
shell access to sourceforge, though they may have closed that hole now).

--
see shy jo