SoundCards and Midi Input

Hi
    I have given up with the soundblaster 128. What i want to do is use
music software like NoteEdit and brahms, and plug in a midi keyboard into my
soundcard and create midi files, when use the software to edit them. The
trouble is i am not sure what sound cards linux supports for doing this. I
cannot get it to work with my soundblaster 128 so i have decided to purchase
another card. Can anybody recommed one that midi input is supported under
linux?

Thankyou

Charlie