Re: Adding new kernel modules

>>>>> "Patrick" == Patrick Dahiroc <pdahiroc@yahoo.com> writes:

Patrick> hi i've been running kernel 2.4.17 for a week now and things
Patrick> are great even sound is working as a module. what i want to
Patrick> do now is to have reiserfs as a module. is it possible to
Patrick> just build the desired module and not reinstall a new kernel?

Use make modules in the source directory, and then make
modules_install.

If you have only added modules to the current configuration (and not
ran make clean on the kernel source), this should work.

I never tried it though, and I don't really recommend it.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>