Re: proccess

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:05:23 +0100, Sebastiaan writes:
><snipped>
>> >As above: ps x shows only the processes for the user that gives the
>> >command (root in this case), but ps ax shows all. AFAIK there is no
>> >privacy which user runs which command.

Such is (Linux-) life. This issue was already brought up on this list
 several times, and there are privacy-enhancing patches for that problem
 a/v out there.

>No, not for me, I have nothing to hide, but it is unimaginable how
>paranoia some people can be.

That you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

cheers,
&rw
--
/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer |  CoreTec IT-Security  \
\   <rw@coretec.at>   | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /